Is fraternity and sorority life new to you?
This section is designed to provide helpful information and answer frequently asked questions about fraternities and sororities. There are many myths about fraternities and sororities, but the reality is men and women who belong to these organizations are committed to their academics, volunteer within the community, develop and strengthen their leadership skills, and form a campus network that consists of students and administrators. All fraternities and sororities are based on values, ethics and high standards. Keep an open mind, and consider all the benefits fraternity and sorority membership has to offer!
- Be supportive of your student.
- Learn more about the organization your student is thinking about joining by checking out the inter/national organization website.
- If you have a question about fraternity or sorority life, ask the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life. Don’t buy into hearsay.
- Know the name and phone number of the chapter president, new member educator and chapter adviser.
- Talk with your student. Phone calls, emails and care packages are always appreciated.